Friday, November 29, 2013

Playoffs

Last week Griff had his last regular season game.
They played Northern Arizona and we were all so nervous for the game because there was a chance that they could go to the FCS playoffs if we won.
I was seriously sick to my stomach thinking about the game.
Game day came and it snowed all day long.
Seriously all day.

It was the Senior game, so they honored all the seniors and their families before the game.
People looked at me like I was the worst mother EVER because I had Madison out in the freezing cold while it was snowing without a coat because she had to sport her T-Bird onesie for the pictures
Dont worry, I wrapped her up tight after the pictures and she didn't catch a cold or anything (btw that is totally a myth...colds are cause by a virus, not actually being in the cold). Glad I got that off my chest.

Well the game started out alright...we were up at half-time. 
Then came the 2nd half.
Oh the 2nd half...it killed us.
We fell apart, that is all that I will say.

We ended up loosing by 10 points and we were devastated to say the least.
After the last seconds ran off the clock, I sat there in my sleeping bag, rain poncho over top of Madison and I, and I shed a few tears. I wasn't just sad we lost and that we probably wouldn't make it to the playoffs, but I was sad because that was the last football game I would ever watch Griff play in. 
I know I have said this time after time, but football is such a big part of our lives and even though I couldn't wait for this moment during the years of crazy schedules and planning our life around this sport, I didn't want it to end.

Well, its not ending just yet.
The playoff Gods were watching out for us because we somehow got selected to go!
SUU will go the playoffs for the first time in school history.
They play Sam Houston St. in Huntsville TX tomorrow.

I wish so badly I could be there to watch Griff play again, but schedules and money have somehow over powered my desire to go. 

I just hope so badly that they win so we can continue to go farther.
Its a single elimination, so if we loose tomorrow, were done.
Ugh, I hate that thought.
I hate that thought!

Did I mention that I hate the thought of loosing?

You can all watch the game and cheer loud for the T-Birds and Griff on ESPN3 at 1pm.

GO T-Birds!!










No comments:

Post a Comment