Saturday, December 14, 2013

Give Thanks

Normally right when Griff gets out of school the week of Thanksgiving we are headed to Idaho to enjoy the holiday with family.
This year was a little different.
I started a real job, at a hospital, which means that I have to work holidays since we never, ever close.
There are definitely good and  about working at a hospital!
This year I had to work Thanksgiving, but I get to have Christmas off, which is totally the way I would have asked.
After SUU won their last season game and made it to the playoffs, we wouldn't have been able to get to go to Idaho anyways because they had football that whole week.
Yes, even on Thanksgiving. 
Football is also something that doesn't care about holidays.
Welcome to our life.

I worked the night before Thanksgiving and was scheduled to work the night of Thanksgiving also, but the nice thing about working at a small hospital you can almost guarantee you can get on call one night a week.
I love it.
I wasn't about to make a big Thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us, so I was glad to find out that the football team was providing dinner for the team and their families. 
And I was extremely glad that they put me on call the night of Thanksgiving.
It all turned out to be perfect.

I didn't get very many pictures of the day, but I am so very lucky to have the life that I do.
I have THE best family any girl could ask for,
THE best husband, who spoils me and deals with me when I don't get enough sleep and am grumpy,
THE best little girl who I love and am so humbled to be her mother.
THE best in-laws. Period.
THE knowledge of the gospel, which helps me understand this crazy life.


I am so very blessed.


Looks like someone had a little too much turkey :)


No comments:

Post a Comment