Monday, January 19, 2015

2014 recap...

My, oh my how fast the time has gone!
2014 is gone and I am soon behind on this blog thing.
Here is my attempt to recap our end of the year!

10 things to recap 2014:

1. Football season is over! Our Snow Badgers did awesome this year finishing 8-2. We lost to the same team twice so that is a little upsetting, but we made it to the playoffs where we finished 3rd in our region and 8th in the nation! Griff did an amazing job and loves learning and gaining relationships with his players. Who knows what next year has in store for us but he loves the coaching world and we are excited for our future!








2. Halloween! We were in Arizona for Halloween for a football game so we got to celebrate with one of my best friends and her little family that live in Glendale. It was such a fun night and so weird that we were walking around not freezing! I was actually kind of sweating and wanted an ice cream cone, but it was lots of fun! Madison was a ladybug and wasn't quite sure of the whole process yet. Maybe next year!



3. Bridal Shower! My mom and sisters helped me throw one of my best friends Michelle a bridal shower. The best part of it all was getting to reunite with old high school friends and reminiscing. I am so happy for her and her awesome husband! They are the perfect for each other!


4.Quiet Books. My sister and Rachelle decided to make quiet books for all of my sisters for Christmas. Ya, well I got 3 pages done for Christmas. Definitely not complete but it has been fun working on them and hopefully we will finish them this year! Seriously who knew making 5 of everything would took so long! It will be all worth it in the end!


5. Bus ride to AZ. For Griffs playoff game, the school decided to let the coaches bring their wives along. Since we are a small school that means we bus everywhere, so bring on the 12 hours. We decided to leave Madison with our parents, because lets be honest, I wasnt even sure about getting on a bus full of smelly, loud football players...for 12 hours! It was fun though and we made some memories! I will never forget that smell though...really it was almost worse than I expected!

(Don't mind this hideous picture of us...we had to share a seat and we slept like this)

6. Madison...I could do a whole post on how much she is growing and learning but I will try to summarize how cute and fun she has gotten. She loved football season, and we (I mean Griff) taught her how to say touchdown and do the signal. She has come to the point where she knows when we are watching football she says touchdown, or go go go, or ohhhh noooo when it was a bad play. Seriously she is going to be smarter than me about that sport by the time she is 5. She is starting to talk and I can understand her most of the time, but sometimes I. Do. Not. Get. It. Really, it is becoming a struggle because she will want something and I have no idea what the heck she is saying, and then it turns into this tantrum that lasts a good 10 minutes because she doesn't get what she wants. Hopefully that passes soon. She is going to be 18 months this week so we sent her to nursery today. She cried a good 80% of the time even when I was in there with her. Hopefully that gets better too! We love her to pieces and can't believe how much personality she has still. It is unreal sometimes how funny she is.









7. Christmas break. Griff got a good 2 1/2 weeks off of work so we jetted to Idaho for the holidays. It was so great to be by family all that time. I don't realize when we are gone how much I love being close to family. Madison loved playing with cousins everyday (especially Cooper, or "Poo Poo" in her words). Our family is literally the best in the world. I don't care what anyone else says...ours is the best! 

8. Christmas! Who doesn't love Christmas? Madison was so fun this year. Every time she saw a santa she was say "ho, ho, ho, memesismas" lol but when got close to the live santa, she didn't want anything to do with him. We had our annual Christmas Eve party at my parents where we had our scavenger hunt. I was on a loosing team again (thanks Shawn), but you can't complain because it is so dang fun! We spent christmas morning at Griffs parents. Madison loved opening presents and even got excited about some of the presents she got, like her baby, Olaf stuffed animal, and frozen nightgown. The best part of Christmas was being together and remembering Christ in our lives. He really is the true meaning of the season and I am so very grateful for his life and sacrifice. 







9. New Years! New years eve was spent at Griffs parents house. we had some of my family come up to party with us and it was a party! We put together some minute to win it games and they did not disappoint. The best was seeing my dad and Bill go at it at the shake the ping pong balls out of the kleenex box. Seriously the highlight of my week probably. Here is a lovely video of Griff and I demonstrating. Ours is not nearly as funny as my dad and Bills, but you get the idea.

10. Coming home. As fun and great as it was to be in Idaho, it was sure nice to come to our own home. I miss being close to family, but you can't beat the feeling of being together as our little family in our own little home. We are ready for the new year and what it holds for our little family. Hopefully I will get better at this whole blogging thing and maybe, just maybe will update more often! Hope you all have been well!

No comments:

Post a Comment