Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January...

January is here and it sure doesn't feel like winter lately...we haven't had hardly any snow!
Hopefully it will come now, not later in April. 
But knowing Utah weather...it would.

We both started another semester and are both trying hard to stay ahead of our work.
I only have 7 more months of school! Can you believe it? 
I can...and am counting down the days.

Last night Griff spoke at a football banquet for West Jordan High School.
We know the head coach there, and he called a few weeks back to ask tell Griff about it.
Lets be honest...he is not the type of guy to talk in front of a lot of people. Or I guess I should say he is not the type of guy to talk a lot to anyone. Yes, even me.  That is just how he is, and it took me a while, but I love that about him. 
What he hates the most is talking about himself, so he was super nervous to get up and stand in front of a bunch of people. Let me tell you though, he continues to surprise me everyday. He did such a good job, and everyone loved it.
He talked about how he is the smallest guy on the team, but that has pushed him even harder to try and be successful. He talked about how size doesn't matter, its all in the heart and the work that you put into it. I am so proud of him.

(sorry for the picture...I couldn't get the camera to be on the right setting)

Tonight, while Griffin is playing basketball at the church, when i should be reading my pharmacology book...I am making cinnamon rolls. I saw this recipe on this blog...and it looked so good.
Lets be honest, I am not the best bread maker, or the best baker. I have attempted to make my mom's cinnamon rolls several times, and they just don't turn out the way she makes them.  So I decided to try another recipe. My mom's are delicious and I don't know if there is anything better, but I am giving it a try. Here are a couple of pictures of the progress of making them.


Rising in the oven


Please excuse the runt at the end of the pan...it has a few problems.

The finished product! I think they turned out looking great, but I will let you know how they taste.

*Updated: these. are. amazing. I decided to go to sleep last night without eating one. First of all I couldn't fall asleep because I was so excited to eat one in the morning. Second of all, you need to make them now. Hurry, go make them. Bill stayed at our house last night and by the morning, half of the pan was gone.

Happy January!


No comments:

Post a Comment