This year instead of going home to family, Griff's family came to us! The whole family except Kirsten and Kira came. So all together there was 10 of us. 10 of us in our apartment was a little challenging, but we got it done. Griff had football practice Thanksgiving morning and all week to prepare for the BYU game. And while Griff was preparing for that game...I was preparing for my game...
The game of making Thanksgiving dinner.
Ok I dont really think it is a game but it worked for a second.
For the first time in the entire 22 years of my life I cooked a turkey. Lisa bought the turkey and let me tell you she wasn't thinking of my well being when she did. It was a 21 pound turkey and it looked and even felt heavier then that. Thanks Lisa lol.
When it was finally thawed out, I learned that I had to reach inside of that big thing and take out its guts. Ok their really not guts just its neck and gibblets I think. But nonetheless, I never knew that it had stuff inside that you had to take out.
Lisa brought the rolls that I am forever thankful for because bread making is just not my thing, and she brought the best sweet potatoes in the land. I made all the rest.
It turned out actually not bad. At least no one got sick. That is my thinking of a success. If no on regurgitates my food I call it a success. Sorry for the details.
All in all I am so thankful for my life. I really love Thanksgiving and this time of year. I get to reflect on the great people and many blessings that I have in my life. I am forever grateful for my parents who raised me with values and always set an amazing example for me. I am very grateful for my sisters and their families who are also a great example for me. I want to be just like all of them. I know I have a lot of work to do. I am grateful for in-laws who go above and beyond for us to be happy. I am grateful for my sweet husband who loves me no matter what. If I cry every night he still loves me. If I dont clean our house for 2 weeks he still loves me. He sets a great example for me and I cant believe I have him forever. I love him. Lastly I am thankful for my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for this wonderful gospel that we have on this earth.
Well that is my spill on Thanksgiving. Hope everyone else had a great one too!
p.s. sorry no pictures...it was quite a site to see but I accidentally lost my camera on an airplane.

No comments:
Post a Comment