Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vegas Bowl

 We got to go to the Las Vegas this year for Utah's bowl game.  The famous cowboy was there welcoming us.  Too bad Vegas didn't stop welcoming us with the cowboy.  I was astonished at all the billboards and signs with naughty things all over!  We got done with our semester right before we left and we were both so glad to be done.  The team takes the wives to the bowl games so it was a full on vacation for me! They pay for everything we do and give us per Diem money.  Merry Christmas to us!!  We had a blast and were so excited to just be able to be together.  While Griff had practice everyday, I would go shopping with the other wives in the casino level of our hotel.  It was a full on mall...it was awesome.  I got my shopping time and Griff got his practice time.  Lisa, Bill, Austin, Anna, Lee, my dad, Chelsey, Brett, and Josiah came down for the game! We played Boise St. and even though it wasn't a great game because we lost, I was so glad that we were there.  Griff and I both were just ready for the season to be over. 
 They took us to go to see Cirque de solei.  It was amazing.  Even Griff enjoyed it!
 This was at a banquet they had for both teams on Freemont St.  I geuss it used to be the strip until the real strip took over.  They have a huge cover dome that covers the whole street with an LED screen.  They played both team highlight videos on the screen.  It is the biggest LED screen in the world. 


 At another luncheon they had for the teams, Herm Edwards came and spoke to us.  He is an all time football player and coach. He played for the Eagles and coached for the Jets.  He gave a really great speech on playing the game because you love it, and standing up for what name you represent while you are playing football.  Sorry about the picture...you cant really see him very well.

Jenni Fitzgerald and I at the pep rally.  She is my shopping buddy from now on.
 




This was right before kickoff. Lee, Anna, Lisa, Austin, and me.

We are glad the season is over so we can kind of relax.  I am learning lots of new rules and plays everytime I go to a game.  Hopefully I will be able to catch on someday! We had a blast this season and hope next season is even better!  GO UTES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment