Sunday, January 30, 2011

Addiction...

I have a strange addiction. I am addicted to cookbooks.  It is only strange because I love to just browse through them.  I could spend hours upon hours looking at recipes.  While some people like to read novels, do crafts, or talk on skype (oh wait that is just Griffin that likes to talk on skype for hours upon hours to Colombia people)...I like to read recipe books.  For our wedding I got probably 7 cookbooks and then have acquired a few others.  The most recent book I have added to my collection is awesome. 

I see a 90 year old lady for work.  She is the funniest 90 year old lady I know.  She has me clean her house instead of cleaning her.  I am okay with it.  It is a nice change. 

The other day I was helping her put some books away and lo and behold they were cookbooks. She had probably 20 cookbooks that looked amazing.  I was holding everything back to not sit there the rest of the day and read them.  As I was moving them I kept annoying asking her where she got them and which one was her favorite.  She couldn't really remember (lets keep in mind she is 90) but she said they were all pretty good ones.  She kept telling me to just take some because she could tell I was interested.  A little too interested. 

There was one that caught my eye.  It looked old, used, and beautiful. I decided to take it.  She said I could...don't worry...I don't steal.

I got home and started flipping through it.  It is a whole meal plan for every day of the year.  It has a plan for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.  Instead of lunch it says luncheon and sometimes instead of dinner it says supper.  I love it.  It was copyrighted in 1939!

I guess I don't have a ton...but I feel like I do for some reason.





It has dinner plans for holidays and special occasions-
Not only am I addicted to books...I am addicted to food blogs. Seriously I look at them everyday. 

This post may make it sound like I cook a lot...which is not the truth.  Wish it was...but ask Griff.  The poor man has to watch me look at this amazing food and then he has to beg me to make him dinner.

Well that is enough about food...I will try to control my addiction and start trying to become a better homemaker and making meals.

1 comment:

  1. You are addicted to cookbooks and I am addicted to Food Network! We all need to have a few good addictions right?

    ReplyDelete