Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter

Everything is better with kids.
Especially holidays...

Easter was no exception.
Griff's sister Kirstin got married the day before Easter so we had a big party in Idaho all weekend long.
I had made a New Years Resolution to make Madison a dress sometime this year, so when I found out Kirstin was getting married I decided that this was the time to check that off the list.

Her colors were bright pink and blue, so obviously I choose to make the dress bright pink.
I decided to make one for Griff's sister Caitlin's little girl too.
The only other sewing I had EVER done before was making blankets (easy blankets) and maybe a few pajama pants which are basically 4 long seams. BUT with the help of my master sewer of a mother, I accomplished my task. They turned out very pink...and I would say pretty cute (just don't look too close at the seams!)

Easter is such a wonderful holiday where we can focus on Christ's resurrection and the love that he has for us. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ in my life and I know without a doubt that he lives. It is because of him I can be forgiven. It is because of him I have this wonderful life. It is because of him I can live with my family for eternity. What an amazing blessing!

I told Madison to smile and this is what she gave me...Griff's new favorite thing to do with her headbands is to twist them around so she looks like a laminate. Book of Mormon Stories anyone?

Chalice and Madison in their matching bright pink dresses!




Easter morning. She had no interest in the candy and toys the Eater bunny brought her, but she sure loved her basket. 

After church at Grandma McNabbs...this is the best pic I could get of all the grandkids.



No comments:

Post a Comment