Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fugitives

Griffin had a scrimmage last night.  I went with my lovely friend Jenny.  The weather was beautiful and it felt so good to sit in the sun.  We caught a ride back to Pocatello with Bill so we could be home and watch conference with our families.  Griff decided that he would drive so Bill could sleep....this is where we become fugitives.

I think Griff's mentality when he drives to Pocatello is to see how fast he can get home.  We have made it in just under 2 hours before.  He was on one of those kicks tonight.  While Bill was snoring in the back seat, Griffin was cruising down the freeway.  And I mean cruising.  He was probably going 90 when the cop sitting in the median saw him.  Griff immediately slowed down to the speed limit and saw not one, not two, but three cop cars behind him.  He decided to take the exit that was so conveniently right where we needed it to be.  He got off turned a sharp corner and turned off his lights.  At this point Bill woke up and knew exactly what was going on.  The cops amazingly did not see us get off the freeway and kept going.  Bill being experienced in these sorts of things told Griff to take the old highway for a while just in case they were searching the freeways for us.  And they were...

While taking the old highway through the little towns, we saw the 3 cops still searching for us on the freeway from a distant.  So we decided to stay on the old highway the whole way home.  The cops never found us.  I told Griff that he is not teaching our kids this trick because I am positive he learned it from Bill and Bill probably learned it from his dad.  None of my children are going to run from cops...although it did save us from having to pay a ticket, I will not have any part of it.

Moral of the story...dont speed.

Griffins moral of the story...be smarter than the cops and outrun them.

Which one do you agree with?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! that is the most hilarious story ever!!! I especially loved the part about Bill waking up and knowing what to do! Ryan has told me a few stories about Bill's driving! I am glad that you made it back in one piece and i hope that you guys are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in a car with Bill, so I KNOW he taught Griff these little tricks. I'm with you .. there is no need to pass along EVERYTHING we learn from the previous generation. It is okay to leave a few things behind. Running from the cops would be one of those things!! :)

    ReplyDelete