We are still in Santa Marta today. Yesterday was an amazing day. If you ever thought Colombia was just for drugs and crazy things...think again. Colombia is beautiful. We went to one of the families that was in Griff's ward while he served here. They are amazing. They served us lunch and we gave them some gifts that we brought them. They also made us gifts-some bracelets and earrings and necklaces. These people here are amazing. They have so little compared to us and yet they still give.
We then went to another families house who Griff baptized. Their house had such a sweet spirit inside. They were so humble and were so happy to see Griffin. We gave them a blanket of an American Flag and they loved it. She kept smelling it and hugging it. It was so cute. Then we took them back to our hotel and swan in the beach for a while. It was so beautiful and the water always is warm. Always...even if it rains it is so hot here.
Today one of the families that we saw yesterday took us to a beach close by. I love the beach...I think I could live on the beach if my skin would allow it. I got a pretty bad sunburn and the Colombia people kept looking at my shoulders and saying "uff se quemó" which basically means "ouch" in English. Griff gets mad at me every time we are in the sun because I dont like to put on a lot of sunscreen yet I need it. I know I am ruining my skin. I will get better. We spent the day on the beach talking and laughing with each other. Even though we don't understand one another, we all still have a lot of fun together. I must say I am getting better at knowing what they are saying. I can pick words here and there and then I just have to clarify with Griff. I think after I am done with school me and Griff will come live here for 2 months for me to learn Spanish (or however long it will take).
Tonight we are taking a few families out to dinner and are going to a real Colombia restaurant. I cant wait to get some of the food that Griff raves about to me. Stay tuned for tomorrow! We are planning on traveling to another city and going to a stake conference where Griff served the longest so I am sure it will be out of control.
 |
| This little girl is the cutest thing I have ever seen. They would give us our presents and then she would each give us a "beso" (kiss) |
 |
| They really wanted one of Griff's jerseys...they were so happy. |
 |
| They have a wall where all of the missionaries that come through leave their tag. Griff left their area on an emergency transfer and so he didn't have time to say goodbye. He brought one to give to them. |
 |
| chicken fighting in the beach... |
 |
| we saw this smashed on the road...I know gross |
 |
| Isabella...seriously the cutest little girl. |
 |
| this little fort was on the side of the beach. They take their boats out and catch fish. |
No comments:
Post a Comment