Thursday, May 5, 2011

At last

Griffin is done with finals...HOORAY!! 

But I am still going strong...for the next 15 months I will be reading every waking moment.  Is it normal to be wishing I brought my textbook to the grocery store so I can read and walk at the same time? Or is it normal to try and read while driving to work? And is it normal to spend every minute I am not reading or studying (including now) thinking about how much I need to be reading or studying right now?  What is nursing school doing to me?  HELP!

All jokes aside...I am loving school.  It is really great to actually learn about things that I want to learn about and hopefully remember and use in the future.  I feel lucky to be in school to have this opportunity to learn about something I love.

Like I said earlier...Griffin is done with school for the semester.  He actually was more committed to studying than I thought he would be.  He would get into his modes where he would put his earphones on and listen to music (mostly Hailey Reinhart from American Idol-she is our favorite) and sing as loud as he can (not in-tune may I add).  Somehow he can focus and actually study when he does that.  Then that leaves me to listen to his terrible melodious singing while I am trying to study myself.  What a team we are, right?

Today while I was reading, Griff started to clean our house.  Not unusual, but I always feel a little guilty when he cleans and I don't help.  I felt obliged to do something, so I quit reading and started helping.  We ended deep cleaning our whole house.  I am talking about emptying drawers, cleaning closets, and I even scrubbed our garbage can.  2 hours later I looked at the clock and couldn't believe that I hadn't even thought about school during that time.  Amazing, maybe I need to clean for my breaks.  It is a good stress reliever I guess.

Cartagena


We leave for Colombia in 1 week! I can hardly wait!  Any advice for me to stay safe and not get robbed? I think I will get one of those leashes that you see kids use in Disneyland and tie Griff and I together.







2 comments:

  1. OOH I feel your nursing school pain! You can do it!

    Where are you going to school??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly I am glad to hear that I am not the only one!! THanks for your encouragement!

    Im going to a school in Ogden called Nightingale.

    ReplyDelete